<< Passing Service Direction
|>>||Waterline services to Connolly, James Street, and Greenslade|
|2||Waterline services to Newry and Newry Harbour|
- This is Mattyx2013 (former PDV)'s favourite station. He is also fond of Starryloch.
- This is one of the greatest places for trainspotting.
- Some inexperienced drivers tend to skip West Benton because they drive faster than the speed limit and don’t realise how close West Benton is to Faraday Road.
- Before V1.1.7, West Benton wasn't a dispatchable station. When it was made one, however, Mattyx2013 was reportedly dispatching there the moment the change was made.
- West Benton Pet Supplies, a commercial building, is located just around the curve from this station.
- A viewing deck has been added beside the station entrance in V1.4.1.
- This station has step-free access.
- The speed limit between here and Benton used to be 75, but it was changed to 45 to Benton in V1.4.1 and from Benton in V1.6.
- This station's name is censored in game chat for no apparent reason. The people name West Benton in a fun way: Best Wenton. This happens to Beaulieu Park, Connolly and Whitney Green, too. Beechley is also censored, but it has a clearer explanation. Many other stations' names can be censored too due to lag or having safe chat enabled.
- This station is one of ten stations with only island platforms, the others being Airport Terminal 3, Stepford High Street, Stepford United Football Club, Benton Bridge, Greenslade, Westwyvern, Stepford East, Stepford Victoria and Beechley.
As of version 1.7.0.:
- The Stop Marker for Platform 1 is hidden behind a wall and cannot be seen from outside, this is due to the straightening of the wall adjacent to the station, prior to V1.7 this wall had a slight inclination with the marker peeking from the side. This has been pointed out by many including on the Discord #screenshots channel and is expected to be fixed in the next update.
- Nearby this station between Benton (facing towards Benton), there is a speed limit sign displaying 45mph, however the actual speed limit given in the driver’s GUI is 30mph (only on the Express tracks, the speed limits are true to that displayed on the signs).
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.