WaterLine is a minor operator of rail services across the Stepford County Railway network. It is a subsidiary of Stepford Connect, and as such Connect branding is visible on multiple aspects of WaterLine including rolling stock and signage. The highest speed of WaterLine rolling stock is 100 MPH while services are 90 MPH.
This was the first operator to share tracks, because this line and Stepford Connect share a small section of track entering Port Benton. However, this now occurs at various other locations as well like Leighton.
History of WaterLine
In October 2017, Managing Director Charlie_RBX stated that a new franchise was coming and that it would be part of Stepford Connect. He also stated that services would start at Benton, follow the mainline to Port Benton, and continue on to a new branch. The franchise's name was later revealed, and services commenced in December 2017. The newly opened line services ran over from Benton to Greenslade, calling at Benton, Port Benton, Whitney Green, and Greenslade. Morganstown Docks was opened shortly after. By the end of the year, the Newry branch opened with five new stations, being Newry Harbour, Newry, Eden Quay, Faraday Road, and West Benton. The Class 387s, removed from Stepford Connect, were reintroduced for WaterLine services.
V1.0 brought big changes to WaterLine, introducing three new trains: Class 171, Class 319, and Class 701. The update also brought a new branch towards Connolly, calling at Cambridge Street Parkway and Ashlan Park along the way.
During December 2018, the V1.1 advent calendar was launched, and had a bunch of sneak peeks and upgrades for WaterLine, including:
- The refurbishment of Class 165 and 166 units.
- New stations: Airport West and James Street.
- The removal of Class 701 units from service.
- A minor refurbishment of Class 387 units.
- A major refurbishment of Faraday Road station.
After the update was released, WaterLine services became slightly more frequent, but in line with the opening of new lines for Stepford Connect and the commencement of AirLink services, the trend quickly ended.
On May 14th, V1.3 released, and the Class 508s were introduced as the first Next Generation trains for the operator. On June 8th, the Class 387s were transferred to AirLink, and Class 379s were introduced to replace them. On August 31st, the Class 171s were upgraded to Next Generation. In early October, the Class 319 units were confirmed as next on the roster for upgrades, but it wasn't released until February 22, 2020.
On February 22th, Class 319 got upgraded to Next Generation, Class 195 added to the WaterLine fleet, Whitney Green, Greenslade, Benton, and West Benton got upgraded. In V1.4.4, Morganstown Docks got Platform 4 for future shuttle service.
The following list represents the current, past, and future fleet of WaterLine.
|Class Number||Maximum Speed||Price||Number of Coaches||Routes Operated On||Manufacturer/Train Family||Date Put Into Service|
|Class 165 (Previous-Gen)||90 MPH||1688
|2 coaches||All routes||BREL York/Networker||December 16, 2017|
|Class 166 (Previous-Gen)||90 MPH||1688
|3 coaches||All routes||ABB York/Networker||December 16, 2017|
|Class 171||100 MPH||1688
|2 coaches||All routes||Bombardier Transportation/Turbostar||April 21, 2018 (Next Generation- August 31, 2019)|
|Class 195||100 MPH||1125
|2 or 3 coaches||All routes||CAF/Civity||February 22, 2020|
|Class 319||100 MPH||1688
|4 coaches||All routes||British Rail Engineering Limited/BR Second Generation (Mark 3)||April 21, 2018
(Next Generation- February 22, 2020)
|Class 379||100 MPH||1688
|4 coaches||All routes||Bombardier Transportation/Electrostar||June 8th, 2019|
|Class 508||75 MPH||1600
|3 coaches||All routes||BREL/BREL 1972 "PEP"||May 14, 2019|
|Class 730 (Previous-Gen)||100 MPH||750
|3 coaches||All routes||Bombardier Transportation/Aventra||August 18, 2018|
|Class Number||Maximum Speed||Price||Number of Coaches||Routes Operated On||Train Family||Date Put Into Service||Date Withdrawn From Service|
|Class 701||100 MPH||3000 Points||4 coaches||All routes||Bombardier Transportation/Aventra||April 21, 2018||December 31, 2018|
|Class 387||110 MPH||2250 Points||4 coaches||
|Bombardier Transportation/Electrostar||December 21, 2017||June 8th, 2019
(Moved to AirLink fleet)
- None at the moment.
- Driving WaterLine is the best way to earn points, as most of the stations are significantly close to each other, and there are a number of routes.
- Airport West is in the Airport Zone, but the map doesn't mention it.
- None known of at this time.
- None known of at this time.
- Newry Harbour
- Eden Quay
- Faraday Road
- West Benton
- Port Benton
- Morganstown Docks
- Whitney Green
- Cambridge Street Parkway
- Ashlan Park
- Airport West
- James Street
- Extension past James Street, confirmed in roadmap.
- Morganstown (WaterLine Shuttle between Morganstown Docks/Port Benton), confirmed by the tracks and new platform at Morganstown Docks as of V1.4.4.
- There are no closed stations on WaterLine.
The routes for this line have been moved to this article.
- Many players agree that this route is dead due to the massive updates which seem to leave out WaterLine.
- On all but one route (Newry <> Greenslade) on this line has only 1 depot, which is pretty annoying to some people.
- This is the only operator that does not skip any stations.
- This is the only operator where some trains cannot hit their top speed without breaking the speed limits.
- This is one of the three operators to have all trains run on all routes.