There's no way to view this in-game and it's unlikely to be added back in again. Information is definitely outdated and you shouldn't really take it to heart.
Stepford East Rail Operations Centre (or Signalling Control Centre, abbreviated as Stepford East ROC) was previously the controlling building for Signaller staff members, and had some features for public use. The building is attached to the station, right next to the High Street entrance of Stepford East station. As of V1.6, the ROC is now inaccessible because it has been replaced by a tall building and the entrance has been sealed.
Former Building Layout
|Ground Floor||Entrance; connected to Stepford East High Street entrance.|
|First Floor||Viewing Deck; everybody regardless of their rank can come in as a Passenger and view trains exiting Stepford Depot and arriving/departing Stepford East. This place was used for Qualified Driver trainings, it is now back where it formerly was at Stepford Central.|
|Second Floor||Former Signal Control Centre; now empty|
Around Stepford Main Line 2C - Benton
- The entrance barrier was not implemented, and therefore everyone is free to enter except the signalling room. This makes the first floor a useful multi-purpose space, mostly for trainspotting.
- The design is based on Benton ROC (Benton Rail Operations Centre), the ROC in use before Stepford East ROC took over.
- The Signalling Room was accessible by anyone in the Signaller role if you're on a VIP server.
- The first floor was completely empty and you had a great view over Stepford East, therefore this was one of the best trainspotting places in the network. You could observe trains in and out Stepford East Station and trains leaving Stepford Depot.
- QD training used to be held here. Now it’s held at Stepford Central.
- The ROC was relocated to the newly renovated Stepford Central on March 18, 2020. The signalling equipment has been relocated.
- Although the 3rd floor was empty and had no use, the access was still restricted to Signaller+.
- After the relocation, the building of the Stepford East ROC remained until V1.6 when it was demolished and replaced with a scenery building with no interior. The former entrance at Stepford East has now been sealed.