The Stepford County Railway Wiki has policies in place to indicate what pages may be protected by staff.
Common reasons for protection
- Repeated acts of vandalism.
- Stopping edit wars.
- Repeated addition of leaked and/or unconfirmed content.
- Repeated addition of policy-breaking content, including the Manual of Style
- Protecting the display of the wiki; e.g. policy pages.
- Disagreeing with an administrator or moderator; this is conflict of interest.
- Reserving the page to be edited later.
- Marking a page as done - wiki pages are never done, as language can always be improved upon.
Process of protection
- Non-staff members should reach out to a staff member to request a protection, while staff members may just protect the page directly.
- If you disagree with a protection, please feel free to bring this to the attention of a staff member. We will then review the protection, but we ask you to respect the final decision after this review.