Stepford Central, formerly known as Stepford Town, is located within the heart of the Stepford City Zone. It is a major terminus station and transport hub that is currently used for Stepford Connect services to Stepford Victoria, Port Benton, Stepford Airport Central, Leighton Stepford Road, Berrily, Morganstown, Edgemead, Stepford United Football Club, Whitefield and Llyn-by-the-Sea, AirLink services to Stepford Airport Central, Airport Terminal 2 and Airport Terminal 3 and Stepford Express services to Benton, Leighton Stepford Road and Llyn-by-the-Sea.
As the largest station in SCR network by area occupied, it serves as the hub for all Stepford Express services, along with Benton. As of V1.4.5, this station is one of the 4 Triple-line junctions alongside St Helens Bridge, Benton and Leighton Stepford Road.
There are 15 platforms in this station, all of them are in use, making it the 2nd largest station by platform count after Benton, which has 16 platforms (lettered platforms counted).
In V1.4.4, this station received a major revamp, and the ROC was relocated here. A lounge for first class AirLink passengers was also added when the station was revamped, however, it is unfinished as of V1.5, but it may be completed in future patch updates. Some of the original structures remained after the update, including the seating area in the Main Concourse. Also, the station's platform layout has not changed except the shape of the platforms (they are now curved as opposed to the straight platforms before the refurbishment).
Currently, this is the only station with the SCR Network Map displayed in it.
This station is one of the oldest stations in the game, as it was opened before The Big Update and continues to be the hub of Stepford Connect. The station was also AirLink's hub, but later it was transferred to Stepford Airport Central in the Five Million Update due to the opening of the extension to Leighton Stepford Road.
- Prior to The Big Update, this station was known as Stepford Town. The new name was decided on by the players in a vote on the SCR Discord server.
- Before Angel Pass was added, only Platforms 1-3 were used. After that, they were left vacant until Express came out in V1.4 and began using those platforms.
- This is the terminus of the Stepford Main Line. The line that goes beyond Stepford Central to Stepford Victoria is called the Stepford Victoria Branch.
- Until V1.1, only Platforms 4-7 were used, and it was a very quiet station as Stepford Depot did not exist, plus very few routes existed at that time. In addition, AirLink and Express were not released at the time. The concourse to Platform 11 was closed before V1.1 due to construction purposes, as well as no trains using that platform.
- Platforms 12 to 15 opened and were assigned to the newly-opened AirLink line which opened in V1.1.
- As of the V1.4 update, all platforms at this station are in use.
- In the V1.4.1 update, this station got revamped with a shortened rainshed above Platforms 1-11. This station was lacking lights prior to this update.
- A siding near Platform 1 was added in V1.4.1. Currently, it is not in use.
- In the V1.4.4 update, this station got a major revamp, made by yrrebRBLX, featuring a complete redesign which includes 3 new entrances (Taxi Rank, The Arches and South Concourse), management offices and the Stepford ROC. The default entrance became Approach Road. The station was reconstructed with a modular approach, which makes navigation around the station easier. Platform 11 and all AirLink platforms are secured by any ticket barriers after this update.
Track & Platform Layout
<< Passing Service Direction
|[-||Terminating, Stepford Express services to Llyn-by-the-Sea, Leighton Stepford Road, and Benton.|
|4||Terminating, Stepford Connect services to Port Benton, Stepford Airport Central, Leighton Stepford Road, Morganstown, Berrily, Stepford United Football Club, Whitefield, and Llyn-by-the-Sea.|
|10||Stepford Connect services to Berrily, Edgemead, Port Benton, Stepford Airport Central, Stepford United Football Club, Whitefield, and Llyn-by-the-Sea.|
|<<||Stepford Connect services to Stepford Victoria.|
|[-||Terminating, AirLink services to Stepford Airport Central, Airport Terminal 2, and Airport Terminal 3.|
ROC north entrance
|Central Mall||Main Concourse||Stepford
|Platform 1-10||Tracks Eastbound
|<City Hospital||Platform 10||passageway
Normal text is on the ground floor, text in italic is on the first floor, bold is on the second floor. Underline indicates an entrance.
Notes for passengers
- To access Platforms 1-10, spawning at Central Mall is the most convenient. While spawning at the Approach Road entrance is the best option for Platforms 11-15. The other 3 spawn points are farther from the platforms than the former two.
- There are viewing points with benches in the Main Concourse, as well as at Platforms 9 and 10.
- Platforms 7, 8, 9, and 12 (which is part of the AirLink Concourse) are rarely ever used as you would not get many Stepford Connect and AirLink trains at one time.
- This is the station with most entrances, at 5. Central Mall was the original entrance until V1.4.4, when the Approach Road entrance was added and became the default entrance.
- Although the south concourse is directly below Platforms 12-15, the only way to access them is via the AirLink Concourse.
- If you require step-free access, you must use the Taxi Rank entrance to access all platforms. There are lifts located next to Main concourse and behind the AirLink concourse, yet they are not operational.
- Out of all the routes in the game, only 9 of them do not go through this station. This includes all 5 WaterLine routes, 2 AirLink routes, and 2 Stepford Connect routes.
- The Concourses' locations are still similar to the old one, except for the South Concourse, which didn't exist before V1.4.4.
- This is one of the stations which feature curved platforms. They were added in V1.4.4.
- However, when the station got revamped in V1.4.4, sometimes a train would drift off the tracks when leaving the platform, causing cancellations. This bug was patched in V1.4.5.
- Description: Before V1.4.5 and after V1.4.4, trains on Platforms 4 - 9 would shake a bit. For example, there is a train departing on Platform 4, but a train is arriving and terminating on Platform 5. Suddenly, the train on Platform 4 would push onto the platform a bit and the train would shake.
- At the Central Mall entrance, players can see the mall and a square located right before it. And at the Taxi Rank entrance, there are bays for taxis. This scenery really makes any passengers going into the station feel like they are actually in a city.
- Because of that, this station and all of Stepford City Zone are the most detailed places in all SCR.
- The SCR Headquarters was relocated a bit away from this station in V1.4.4 to allow more space for the station building which was made bigger.
- QD Training is continued to be held here as an entrance point.
- Managers' and Directors' offices are located here as of V1.4.4. Most of them are inside the Management Office above the AirLink Concourse at the south end of the station, while the offices for MD and ID is opposite, which is located at the north end of the station, next to Stepford ROC, and the office of HNS is inside the ROC.
- The '???' feature on the roadmap was accidentally removed when the station was upgraded, leading some to believe that was the secret update, as there was no announcement about it.
- EASTER EGG SPOILER:There is an easter egg in this station. Spawn as a passenger at the Central Mall entrance of this station, then go to the right and before crossing the bridge and not entering the mall, go to the left. Near the wall and attached to the bridge, you can see a 9-¾ sign. You can pass through the wall of the bridge where it's attached. Pass through it, and you can see a huge empty room and a wall with the text: "An easter egg? But it's not easter yet! I guess BanTech just likes to mess around. Welcome to the big empty space under Stepford Central! Touch me for a free badge". When you touch the wall, you'll get the badge "I wonder what's in here...", and the text on the wall will say "Hehe, that tickles".
- V1.4.4 onwards
- V1.4 and before