As of 28/03/2020, there are 673 Signallers in Stepford County Railway.
Application Status: Closed
To Obtain This Rank
The following is required in order to apply for this rank:
- You need be 13 years old or older to apply on ROBLOX.
- You need be in the SCR official ROBLOX group and be in the official Discord server.
- You need be a Dispatcher or above in the ROBLOX group.
Here are the steps to apply for this rank:
- You must fill out an application that is found in #applications-forms (Qualified Driver+) in the SCR Official Discord. The opening and closing of the applications are handled at the discretion of the [HNS] Head of Network Signalling.
- Once you have been selected, you will have to attend training sessions in order to officially signal on the SCR Network.
Manager & High Rank Of This Rank
The Head of Network Signalling is the Manager of the Signaller role, and are authorized to open and close Signaller applications when felt needed, They are also in charge of making sure that TSGs are trained up, and the Signalling department is running smoothly.
Signallers are given a small number of commands to help deal with situations they may come across. However, they are still Low Ranks and must request permissions from a Senior Signaller, Manager or Director to use the mute or kick command. The commands they receive can be found on the Commands page.
- Don't try and annoy people by deliberately adjusting the signals to danger without any purpose.
- Don't use this rank as a way to discriminate lower ranks nor use commands without further knowledge.
- Don't abuse or be insulting to staff but try avoiding getting into very 'outstanding' conversations with rude or intolerable people.
- Abide by all rules listed in the signalling handbook you are given .
- Being a Signaller does not exempt you from having to follow dispatching rules so make sure to follow them as well.
- For those who complain about a SG on the job, and are of a smaller rank must show respect and understand how complicated it is to operate a system.
- Don't cause signaller SPARs.
- Don't do anything that will get you banned from the Discord.
- Signallers were originally called 'Controllers' before The Big Update and there were about only 8 people who had this rank.
On December 28, 2017, there was a public 'Controller' training which boosted the number of controllers from 8 to about 20.
The old signallling room used to be in Coxly and only had physical buttons to change the signal and cameras to view the trains passing by, which made it hard to signal at that time. This area has been taken out of use as part of The Big Update. However, the area was still accessible to Signallers until it caught the attention of the developers and it was locked off completely.
The signalling programme had a complete rewrite in the Big Update, and now it requires an application process and three stages of training.
Since V1.1, the number of Signaller applications has increased to 246 applications with 90 accepted applicants, and then up to 446 applications with 97 passers.
The July batch had nearly 700 applicants, and 138 passed (including MVG). The October batch included an unrevealed number of applicants and 188 passed.
- Desk 2A is the most popular desk because it provides a whopping 15 points per minute and is almost always busy.
- Players whose applications are passed will receive 'Trainee Signallers' tags in Discord Server. They will be there until the trainees pass/fail the SG training. However, in SCR group, 'Trainee Signallers' are not mentioned.