Signallers [SG] is a Member role. Signallers receive access to the signalling room of the Railway Operations Centre where they may control signals around the network. This is the highest member role. As of September 27th, 2020, there are 738 Signallers in Stepford County Railway.
How To Obtain This Rank
The following is required in order to apply for this rank:
- You need to be 13 years old or older to apply for Signaller in the Signaller Form in the SCR Offical Discord when it opens.
- You need to be in the SCR official ROBLOX group and be in the official Discord server.
- You need to be a Guard or above in the SCR ROBLOX group.
- You also have the chance to become a Signaller if you are a Supervisor. However, you still have to do the training.
Here are the steps to apply for this rank:
- You must fill out an application that is found in #application-forms (Qualified Driver+) in the SCR Official Discord. The opening and closing of the applications are handled at the discretion of the [HNS] Head of Network Signalling.
- Once you passed the applications and become a Trainee Signaller, you will receive access to the Signalling Booklet. After reading it, you have to complete a theory quiz about the content from the guide. You need to pass the theory test with a certain score or above in order to proceed. You may attempt the quiz again if you fail.
- After that, you will have to attend two training sessions. They are:
- A Practical session, where you will be taught how to control the signalling desk under demonstration, and then you will get a chance to practise signalling at different types of signalling desk under a controlled environment in a VIP Server with help and guidance. If you pass you can be eligible to take the assessment, and you have unlimited attempts for practical session.
- An Assessments session, where you have to control the signals at a signalling desk in a live server for 10-15 minutes without any help. Note that you have a maximum of 3 attempts only unless improvement is seen. If you pass you will then become an official Signaller.
NOTE: This will be changed when Training 2.0 releases.
Manager & Supervisor Of This Rank
The Head of Network Signalling is the Manager of the Signaller role, and are authorised to open and close Signaller applications when felt needed, They are also in charge of making sure that Trainee Signallers are trained up, and the Signalling department is running smoothly.
Signallers are given a small number of commands to help deal with situations they may come across. However, they are still Members and must request permissions from a Senior Signaller, Manager or Director to use the mute or kick command. The commands they receive can be found on the Commands page.
Click here to view the desks and the signal zones they cover.
- Don't try and annoy people by deliberately adjusting the signals to danger without any purpose.
- Don't use this rank as a way to discriminate lower ranks nor use commands without further knowledge.
- Don't abuse or be insulting to staff and try avoiding getting into very 'outstanding' conversations with rude or intolerable people.
- Abide by all rules listed in the signalling handbook you are given.
- Being a Signaller does not exempt you from having to follow dispatching rules so make sure to follow them as well.
- For those who complain about a SG on the job, and are of a smaller rank must show respect and understand how complicated it is to operate a system.
- Don't cause signaller SPADs (SPARs).
- Don't do anything that will get you banned from the Discord.
- Don't abuse the Guard role. If you do this, you may get demoted to Dispatcher.
- Abusing the Dispatcher role may get you demoted to Qualified Driver.
- Don't abuse the Qualified Driver rank or you will be demoted to Trainee Driver.
- Do not be in the Signaller role with no intention to signal.
Signallers were originally called 'Controllers' before The Big Update and at time there were about only 8 people who had this rank.
On December 28, 2017, there was a public 'Controller' training which boosted the number of controllers from 8 to about 20.
The old signalling room used to be in Coxly and it only had physical buttons to change the signal and cameras to view the trains passing by, which made it hard to signal at that time. This area has been taken out of use as part of The Big Update, and was replaced by the Benton ROC. However, the area was still accessible to Signallers until it caught the attention of the developers and it was locked off completely. The area was completely demolished when Coxly Station was rebuilt in V1.6.
The signalling programme had a complete rewrite in the Big Update, and now it requires an application process and three stages of training.
Since V1.1, the number of Signaller applications has increased to 246 applications with 90 accepted applicants, and then up to 446 applications with 97 passers.
The July 2019 batch had nearly 700 applicants, and 138 passed. The October 2019 batch included an unrevealed number of applicants and 188 passed.
In V1.4.4, the Stepford East Rail Operations Centre was replaced by the Stepford Rail Operations Centre at Stepford Central, with the Stepford Central refresh/renovation done by yrrebRBLX, one of the Product Developers.
The May 2020 batch had approximately 800 applicants, and 163 passed.
- Desk 2A (Stepford Zone Desk) is the most popular desk because it provides a whopping 15 points per minute and is almost always busy.
- Players whose applications are passed will receive 'Trainee Signallers' tags in Discord Server. Players who pass the training will be promoted, while the tag can be removed when the trainees fail or do not pass before the training batch is closed. However, in the Roblox group, 'Trainee Signallers' are not mentioned.
- Before Low Ranks were changed to Members, some considered this rank a Middle Rank because they have some privileges of Supervisors. However, according to BanTech, they were never considered a Middle Rank.
- In the batch of May 2020, Dispatchers were allowed to apply for this role, even though Guards were already added.
- This is because at that time, V1.5 had just released and the Guard role was highly popular and hyped, leading to a serious shortage of guard training sessions due to an extremely high demand. As a result, many qualified dispatchers are unable to get trained to be guards, and therefore uneligible to apply for SG. Eventually the HNS decided to allow dispatchers to apply for signallers for this batch only to eliminate the above issue.
- Once they pass applications, trainee signallers can then attend the trainings and assessments in order to get promoted and become an official Signaller. Usually most Trainee Signallers will pass the assessment and get promoted. Only very few have failed trainings, most often they are removed for not attending. Unless you do something very wrong, you will most likely not get demoted.
- The Rail Operations Centre was relocated 3 times in total.
- This is the only rank in the Members role which requires applications.
- This is the only rank in the Members role to have some of the SCR Discord BoostClub benefits such as Screen-sharing permissions (Go Live). This also applies to all Supervisors+.
- This rank will become available for all ages with in-game applications with training system 2.0 releasing.
- Unlike Signallers in real life, Signallers in SCR cannot control the points manually. This is likely due to complexity in coding, plus avoiding situations of trolling signallers causing derailments and crashes.
- You can access the Signallers' role in a VIP Server, irrespective of whether are you an official signaller in the SCR Roblox group. However, those who are not official SCR signallers will not obtain access to any signaller commands when being a signaller in a VIP server.