Signallers [SG] is a Member role. Signallers receive access to the signalling room of the Railway Operations Centre where they may control signals around the network. This is the highest member role. As of June 27, 2020, there are 665 Signallers in Stepford County Railway.
How To Obtain This Rank
The following is required in order to apply for this rank:
- You need to be 13 years old or older to apply on ROBLOX.
- You need to be in the SCR official ROBLOX group and be in the official Discord server.
- You need to be a Guard or above in the ROBLOX group.
Here are the steps to apply for this rank:
- You must fill out an application that is found in #applications-forms (Qualified Driver)+ in the SCR Official Discord. The opening and closing of the applications are handled at the discretion of the [HNS] Head of Network Signalling.
- Once you have been selected, you will have to attend training sessions in order to officially signal on the SCR Network. The training sessions are:
- Theory Test
- Practical Test
- Assessments (You only have 3 attempts for this training)
NOTE: This will be changed with the implementation of the new SG training system.
Manager & Supervisor Of This Rank
The Head of Network Signalling is the Manager of the Signaller role, and are authorised to open and close Signaller applications when felt needed, They are also in charge of making sure that Trainee Signallers are trained up, and the Signalling department is running smoothly.
Signallers are given a small number of commands to help deal with situations they may come across. However, they are still Members and must request permissions from a Senior Signaller, Manager or Director to use the mute or kick command. The commands they receive can be found on the Commands page.
Click here to view the desks and the signal zones they cover.
- Don't try and annoy people by deliberately adjusting the signals to danger without any purpose.
- Don't use this rank as a way to discriminate lower ranks nor use commands without further knowledge.
- Don't abuse or be insulting to staff and try avoiding getting into very 'outstanding' conversations with rude or intolerable people.
- Abide by all rules listed in the signalling handbook you are given.
- Being a Signaller does not exempt you from having to follow dispatching rules so make sure to follow them as well.
- For those who complain about a SG on the job, and are of a smaller rank must show respect and understand how complicated it is to operate a system.
- Don't cause signaller SPADs (SPARs).
- Don't do anything that will get you banned from the Discord.
- Don't abuse the Guard role. If you do this, you may get demoted to Dispatcher.
- Abusing the Dispatcher role may get you demoted to Qualified Driver.
- Don't abuse the Qualified Driver rank or you will be demoted to Trainee Driver.
- Do not be in the Signaller role with no intention to signal.
Signallers were originally called 'Controllers' before The Big Update and at time there were about only 8 people who had this rank.
On December 28, 2017, there was a public 'Controller' training which boosted the number of controllers from 8 to about 20.
The old signalling room used to be in Coxly and it only had physical buttons to change the signal and cameras to view the trains passing by, which made it hard to signal at that time. This area has been taken out of use as part of The Big Update. However, the area was still accessible to Signallers until it caught the attention of the developers and it was locked off completely.
The signalling programme had a complete rewrite in the Big Update, and now it requires an application process and three stages of training.
Since V1.1, the number of Signaller applications has increased to 246 applications with 90 accepted applicants, and then up to 446 applications with 97 passers.
The July batch had nearly 700 applicants, and 138 passed. The October batch included an unrevealed number of applicants and 188 passed.
- Desk 2A (Stepford Zone Desk) is the most popular desk because it provides a whopping 15 points per minute and is almost always busy.
- Players whose applications are passed will receive 'Trainee Signallers' tags in Discord Server. Players who pass the training will be promoted, while the tag can be removed when the trainees fail or do not pass before the training batch is closed. However, in SCR group, 'Trainee Signallers' are not mentioned.
- Before Low Ranks were changed to Members, some considered this rank a Middle Rank because they have some privileges of Supervisors. However, according to BanTech, they were never considered a Middle Rank.
- In the batch of May 2020, Dispatchers were allowed to apply for this role, even though Guards were already added.
- Once they pass applications, many Trainee Signallers pass. Very few have failed trainings, most often they are removed for not attending. Unless you do something very wrong, you will most likely not get demoted.
- The Rail Operations Centre was relocated 3 times in total.
- This is the only rank in the members role which requires applications.
- This is the only rank in the Members role to have some of the boostclub benefits such as Screen-sharing permissions (Go Live!) This also applies to all Supervisors+