Schedule for QD trainings can be found here
Qualified Drivers, or QD's for short, is a member role of SCR. They are also 1 of 4 Driver roles. They have similar principles as Guest and Trainee Drivers with a few more perks within the group and community.
Qualified Drivers are also eligible to participate in SCR's In-Game Shift by signing up for slots if you are in the SCR Discord.
As of 12 September 2021, there are 13,942 Qualified Drivers.
To attend a Qualified Driver's training:
- Join the group
- Have at least 60 Experience
- Pass the Quiz with 10/10
To achieve the Qualified Driver's rank:
- Attend & pass a training session
Calendar for scheduled upcoming QD trainings can be found here. They are labeled as red as of Jan. 5, 2021.
- Be respectful to other players and always abide by the directions of more senior ranks, Signallers and Supervisors in particular.
- Do not climb on gantries, or station roofs, or go to closed areas, etc, whilst you are on a public server.
- Do not drive slowly other than for the purposes of properly driving your train e.g. slowing down on approach to stations or a signal at danger, or obeying speed limits.
- Drive properly, stop at the correct marker, do not go past the Red Signal (try to avoid having a SPAD) and follow speed limits.
- Don't skip a station, unless you are not scheduled to stop there.
- Don't abuse the Trainee Driver rank. You could potentially be kicked or banned from the group.
- If you do find yourself overrunning a station platform, or the correct stop marker, then you must still stop and load passengers. Don't just forget it, and drive on.
- In the rare event that you are unable to see out of the cab window e.g. in the event of a collision with another train, then ensure that you stop where you are and respawn. Do not continue to drive your train as this could result in a SPAD incident, etc.
- Drivers cannot enter Cabs. Instead, a dummy is placed on the seat. This can cause glitches if a driver leaves the game while driving where they will appear to be driving a frozen train.
- Qualified Driver does not give as many perks as many other ranks, though the developers have tried to add some perks.
- Qualified Drivers have uniforms that adapt to the operator while driving, while Trainee Drivers and Guests wear the generic uniform, with a blue stripe on their left.