Morganstown is a through station and a terminus station that opened as part of V1.1 along with the Stepford Connect extension. This station serves Stepford Connect services to Stepford Central and Beechley, Airlink services to Airport Terminal 2 and Stepford Central, Stepford Express services to Westwyvern, Llyn-by-the-Sea and Stepford Central, and Waterline services to Benton.
Track & Platform Layout
<< Passing Service Direction
|1||Terminating, Stepford Connect services to Stepford Central and Beechley|
|3||Airlink services to Airport Terminal 2|
|<<||Stepford Express services to Stepford Central|
|5B||5A||Terminating, Waterline services to Benton|
|<<>>||Airlink services to Stepford Central|
- There was a glitch upon release of V1.6 that allowed Airlink trains that used Platform 6 to be rerouted onto the Waterline bridge, and into Morganstown Docks. As soon as the Airlink train arrived in Morganstown Docks it would be despawned with the message "Route violation detected".
- Platform 6 is rarely used for stopping or skipping Airlink trains, however it is commonly used for Waterline shuttle trains coming from the Morganstown Siding.
- This station is operated and managed by Network Rail.
- This station has lettered platforms like Newry.
- The rails at Platforms 1 and 2 extend noticeably beyond the buffers prior to Version 1.7. As a result, in the past a number of players speculated that there would be a further extension on the Connect Morganstown Branch. It was never materialized, though.
- During parts of late 2019, the platform announcements were glitched when the name is said due to a corrupt sound file. They were fixed in the Five Million Update. This is also the same as New Harrow and Berrily.
- Despite being a large station, there were no CIS boards before V1.4.1. The same can be said for Berrily, except they added these in an update before V1.4.1. They added these in V1.4.1 as well as the ability to dispatch.
- There is a siding just east of the station, which leads to Platform 6. This is only used by the Morganstown Shuttle service of Waterline.
- Strangely, even though the siding is situated on a line used by Airlink, Airlink trains can't spawn there. This is likely due to the Stepford Airport Parkway Depot being only a short distance further from Morganstown and can spawn trains to Leighton Stepford Road.
- It is also very short for most Airlink trains, which might be another reason why.
- There used to be a part of the station called Morganstown High Level, which was just 2 elevated platforms with no connections to Morganstown, but had a link to Morganstown Docks. However, it was replaced by Platforms 5A and 5B, and the original platforms were demolished.
- It might be possible that the Morganstown Shuttle was planned to terminate at Morganstown High Level.
- There was banner repeater at Platform 6, alongside an OFF indicator. Other stations that have Banner Repeaters are St Helens Bridge, Angel Pass, Bodin and Newry.
- Platforms 5A and 5B used to not have any OFF indicators or banner repeaters.
- As of V1.7, it is the first and only Quad-line junction station and is the first Waterline - Airlink interchange. It is also currently the only Waterline - Airlink interchange.
- This station, as well as Westercoast and Willowfield, are the longest single word station names, with the overall longest station name being Stepford United Football Club.
- This station has step-free access.
- Though there are not many Waterline trains serving the Morganstown Shuttle, unlike Newry Harbour, the Waterline map did not label Morganstown as a station with limited service although both stations seldom have Waterline services calling at.
- Before the Morganstown Shuttle was opened in v1.6, there were no direct rail connection between this station and Morganstown Docks. At that time, if you wanted to go to Morganstown Docks from here, you needed to take a Stepford Connect service to Beaulieu Park, then walk to Whitney Green, and then take a Waterline Train to Morganstown Docks.
- At the junction at the east of this station towards Stepford Airport, there is another unused section of tracks which lead to the Express and Airlink tracks towards Leighton Zone and Llyn.
- The most plausible reason why Airlink does not serve the route from Stepford Central to Leighton Stepford Road using this section of tracks is because if this happened, this route will not serve the Airport Zone and it defeats the purpose of Airlink as a whole. However, it might be possible having a Connect or Express service from Stepford to Leighton via Morganstown in the future. In addition, it might also be possible for having Connect services to Stepford Airport via Morganstown in the future.
- However, Stepford Express and Stepford Connect regularly conduct services from Stepford Central to Leighton Stepford Road using the route via Benton and Stepford Express regularly conduct services via Morganstown for Llyn-by-the-Sea and Westwyvern, stopping at Leighton Stepford Road along the way.
- Eventually, in V1.7, Express started operating services from Stepford Central to Llyn via Morganstown using the respective section of tracks.
- On September 5, Charlie_RBX posted a sneak peek of an upgraded Morganstown "courtesy of Thehazad9", but at the time the station was not known. It was confirmed in the SCR Discord Signalling Lounge by RLSJ1997 that it was Morganstown later that month.
- Out of all Airlink routes, only R053 stops here.
- Only one Waterline route, R015, stops here.
- Two Stepford Express routes stop here, R080 (Llyn via Morganstown) and Routes/R082 (Westwyvern Express).
- In V1.7, this station became the first, and currently only, station to serve all 4 operators in the game.