As of v1.7.2, this station was upgraded and currently utilises 12 platforms. It is also the 3rd station in SCR history to have a Platform 0, alongside Stepford Airport Central and formerly Northshore.
Track & Platform Layout
<< Passing Service Direction
|-]||Terminating, Stepford Express services to Stepford Central|
|7||Terminating, Stepford Connect services to Edgemead, Leighton Stepford Road, Stepford Central, Willowfield and Stepford Victoria|
|Platform(s)||Destination||Route Number||Calling At|
|0-6||Stepford Central||R077||Northshore, Westwyvern, Edgemead, Leighton City, Leighton Stepford Road, Benton, St Helens Bridge and Stepford Central|
|R078||Westwyvern, Leighton Stepford Road, Benton and Stepford Central|
|R080||Northshore, Westwyvern, Leighton Stepford Road, Morganstown, St Helens Bridge and Stepford Central|
|R081||Leighton Stepford Road and Stepford Central|
|7-11||Stepford Central||R024||Northshore, Starryloch, Westwyvern, Millcastle, Westercoast, Faymere, Edgemead, Leighton City, Leighton Stepford Road, Water Newton, Hampton Hargate, Benton Bridge, Benton, Coxly, Bodin, Angel Pass, St Helens Bridge, Stepford East and Stepford Central|
|Stepford Victoria||R026||Northshore, Westwyvern, Millcastle, Westercoast, Edgemead, Leighton City, Leighton Stepford Road, Water Newton, Hampton Hargate, Benton, Coxly, Bodin, St Helens Bridge, Stepford East, Stepford Central and Stepford Victoria|
|Willowfield||R036||Northshore, Westwyvern, Millcastle, Westercoast, Edgemead, Leighton City, Leighton Stepford Road, Water Newton, Hampton Hargate, Benton, Coxly, Bodin, St Helens Bridge, Stepford East, Stepford Central, Beechley and Willowfield|
|Leighton Stepford Road||R037||Northshore, Starryloch, Westwyvern, Millcastle, Westercoast, Faymere, Edgemead, Leighton City and Leighton Stepford Road|
|Edgemead||R040||Northshore, Starryloch, Westwyvern, Millcastle, Millcastle Racecourse, Westercaost, Faymere and Edgemead|
- This station was the 5th station to be revealed on the Llyn extension, revealed on October 18th, 2019.
- This is the station showcased on the main menu.
- This station is the end of the Stepford Main Line, which starts at Stepford Central.
- This station, along with Northshore and Starryloch, is roughly parallel to Stepford Central - Morganstown - Leighton Stepford Road line. It is mentioned on the Stepford Connect Network map.
- Llyn has a new kind of junction introduced to SCR called "Alternating Points", which "switch from straight to diverging with each train to help ease the load and spread out the arrivals at Llyn-by-the-Sea". In order to add extra variety to each terminal, BanTech plans to use this feature elsewhere.
- This station is one of 7 stations on the SCR network which is operated by Network Rail, not Transport For Stepford.
- This station, along with Stepford Victoria, are the only Network Rail-operated stations that are terminal-only.
- This station is based of a Welsh station name. If the name is translated to English, it means "Lake".
- The inspiration of this station is debatable. Some in the community say it is based on Penzance in Cornwall, but others say it is based on London King's Cross. Lesser arguments include Liverpool Lime Street, London Liverpool Street and other stations. However, the v1.7.2 version of Llyn is heavily based on London King's Cross, evident from the entrance, concourse roofs and the platforms.
- This was the second station in SCR to have a terminating platform serving more than one operator, unlike other terminal stations (e.g. Stepford Central).
- However in V1.7.2, when this got an upgrade, Express began to serve Platforms 0-6 and Connect began to serve Platforms 7-11. Leighton Stepford Road is now the only station to have this trait.
- You can walk to the beach from this station.
- The station's signage before V1.6 (and the large sign outside the station before 1.7.2) said 'Llyn by-the-sea', using a lowercase 's'. However, the maps and destination boards display 'Llyn-by-the-Sea', using an uppercase 'S'.
- The speed limit entering into and leaving from this station was 15 MPH, among the lowest speed limit in the entire game. However in the 1.7.2 update, the tunnels and tunnel layout changed as a whole, which means that the speed limits are now 45 throughout the tunnels and into the station itself. The only 15 MPH speed limit as of 1.7.2 is located at Faymere Green TMD. The previously unused Waterline Shuttle tracks between Morganstown and Morganstown Docks had a 15 MPH speed limit, but it was upgraded to 30 MPH when it opened in V1.6.
- If your render distance is high enough, you can see the Stepford City Zone over the sea.
- This station has step-free access.
- Before V1.4 (and before The Big Update), this station could be accessed, and per announcements, was just "Llyn".
- Llyn-by-the-Sea is the farthest station from Stepford Central via rail. A full Stepford Connect service from Stepford Central to Llyn-by-the-Sea would take 42 minutes, which can be done as R024 or for Stepford Express that can take as long as 23 minutes or short as 17 minutes as R077 and R078, and variations via Morganstown instead of Benton, such as R080 and R081.
- This station is considered a major terminus and has ticket barriers and machines, seats, lounges and some offices.
- This station is popular for flooding (purposefully making the station/line very busy) as it is considered to be typically quiet.
- On 21/1/21, Charlie_RBX sneak peeked this station upgraded. Many members said that the upgraded station resembled London King's Cross.
- Llyn is the fourth station to have a Rail Operations Centre, Llyn-by-the-Sea Rail Operations Centre, after Stepford Central, Stepford East and Benton. The Zone E (Faymere to Llyn) signalling desk was moved here from Starryloch as of Version 1.7.2.
- As of 1.7.2, the Stepford Express Headquarters is located here.
- As of 1.7.2, a new Signaller training Academy room has also been added. It is speculated that it will play a role in SG Training 2.0 in the future.
- There are two offices for Supervisors and Managers here. They are located next to the SG Academy and Staff Mess Room respectively. However, both offices have no specific labelling, unlike the offices at Stepford Central.
- A Staff Mess Room has also been added in v1.7.2. Only Dispatcher+ ranked players are able to enter.
- There is a siding just outside Platform 0 at this station, where a Class 68 locomotive is parked. You can't spawn there though, and you have to spawn at Northshore Depot instead.
- Before 1.7.2, there used to be four lines entering the station. After its upgrade in 1.7.2, two more lines have been added, totalling 6 coming into the station.
- As of 1.7.2, the signals at the station are bugged when under manual control.
- This is one of two (formerly three) stations in SCR to have a platform 0, the other being Airport Central, and formerly Northshore.
- The layout of this station is based on the Kings Cross (pre-uncrossed layout), demonstrated by the flyover as well as the change of the lines from a DS, DF, UF, US configuration to a DS, US, DF, UF configuration
- With the new track layout, there are more platforms for Stepford Express than Stepford Connect.
- Before 1.7.2, destination displays on the trains and PISes displayed the station as 'Llyn-by-the-Sea', with hyphens. As of 1.7.2, the hyphens have been removed, now displayed as 'Llyn by the Sea' instead.
- This is the second station in SCR to have a lounge. The first is Stepford Central.
- If you are a Guard and go to main menu on duty and you select a train stopped on one of showcased platforms, this message appears "Must be spawned to request guard"