Leighton Stepford Road station, located in the center of the Leighton Zone, is a major interchange for Stepford Connect and AirLink services to Stepford Victoria, Stepford Central, St Helens Bridge, Edgemead, Stepford Airport Central and Airport Terminal 3. It is a terminus for services from Stepford Central, Stepford Airport Central, and Airport Terminal 3.
Leighton Stepford Road is an overground station, featuring 5 platforms, 1 of which is a terminating platform. This station features a British Rail logo and has a brown and white color theme. It is one of few stations that feature curved platforms. Upon entering the station, you will appear between platform 1 and 2. There is an underpass, leading you to platforms 3-5.
|1||Terminating, Stepford Connect services to Stepford Central|
Terminating, only if platform 1 is full,
Terminating, only if platforms 1 and 2 are both full,
- This station replaced Winstree upon opening in V1.0.
- On occasion, when platform 1 is already in use, trains can utilize platform 2 or platform 3. This happens very rarely.
- With AirLink services calling at this station, the station is more frequently occupied and more platforms are being used at a time, compared to when only Connect services called here
- On all Connect trains (apart from the Class 68), the destination on the front of the train used to display "Leighton Stepford Road", then it was changed to just "Stepford Road" due to some trains not being able to fit the destination properly on the destination board, but it was changed again to "Leighton Step Rd".
- This is the only station where each platform has 2 stop markers at both ends (Only exception is platform 1).
- You can walk from here to Rocket Parade.
- This station resembles Manchester Oxford Road station in Manchester, England.
- The station serves both Connect and AirLink as of September 16, 2019.
- This is the first station to have platforms shared by more than one operator.
- In V1.3.26 (Five Million Update). AirLink was extended to this station to celebrate 5 million visits.
- There is a big chance that Stepford Express will stop here on the way to Llyn-by-the-Sea.