Leighton Stepford Road station, located in the center of the Leighton Zone, is a major interchange for Stepford Connect services to Stepford Victoria, Willowfield, Stepford Central, St Helens Bridge, Edgemead, Westwyvern and Llyn-by-the-Sea; Airlink services to Stepford Airport Central and Airport Terminal 3; and Stepford Express services to Stepford Central, Westwyvern and Llyn-by-the-Sea. It is a terminus for services from Stepford Central, Benton, Stepford Airport Central, Airport Terminal 3, Westwyvern and Llyn-by-the-Sea. It is arguably the busiest station in the Leighton Zone due to the number of routes that pass here and its status as a terminus to three operators.
Leighton Stepford Road is an overground station, featuring 5 platforms, 1 of which is a terminating platform. This station features a British Rail logo and has a brown and white colour theme. It is one of few stations that feature curved platforms. Upon entering the station, you will appear between Platforms 1 and 2. There is an underpass that leads you to Platforms 3-5.
Track & Platform Layout
⟷ Passing service direction
|2||Terminating (Eastbound Connect and if Platform 1 is full for Airlink and Express),|
|4||Terminating (Westbound Connect only),|
- This station replaced the former station Winstree upon opening in The Big Update.
- On some occasions, when Platform 1 is already occupied, trains can terminate on Platform 2, and if both Platforms 1 and 2 are occupied, trains can terminate on Platform 3. This happens very rarely though.
- In V1.6, new signs were added at this station, but they are very bland and just say the station name. The same could be seen at Elsemere Junction.
- With Airlink and Stepford Express services calling at this station, the station is more frequently occupied and more platforms are being used at a time, compared to when only Connect services called here.
- The destination on the trains used to display "Leighton Stepford Road" in The Big Update, then it was changed to just "Stepford Road" in V1.1 due to some trains not being able to fit the destination properly on the destination board, but in the Five Million Update, it was changed again to "Leighton Step Rd".
- This is the only station where platforms have 2 stop markers at both ends. They are at Platforms 2 and 3 and are fully functional to accommodate trains from both directions.
- You can walk from here to Rocket Parade.
- This station resembles Manchester Oxford Road station in Manchester, England.
- This is the first station to have through and terminating platforms shared by more than one operator.
- In the Five Million Update, Airlink was extended to this station to celebrate the game reaching 5 million visits.
- Currently, this station is one of the 6 triple-line junctions alongside St Helens Bridge, Benton, Morganstown, Stepford Central and Elsemere Junction.
- This station has stop markers on Platforms 2 and 3 designated for 3 to 4 car Stepford Connect and Airlink services, as well as the Class 220 on Stepford Express services that are terminating at this station on those platforms ever since the V1.4.1 update. Previously, it was only made for Airlink services.
- Platform 1 used to have an old buffer, but it was replaced in V1.6. This is the same as Stepford Airport Parkway Siding.
- This station, along with Northshore, are the only two stations on the network to have the name and logo of British rail on the side of the elevated portion of the tracks.
- This station is the only one of the triple-line junction stations to be managed by Stepford Connect, not Network Rail.
- This station has step-free access.
- Before Version 1.7, although this station serves Airlink, it was not on the spawn list for Airlink, so passengers spawning here have to spawn from the Stepford Connect or Stepford Express spawn lists. This was fixed in the aforementioned update.
- As of V1.6, Stepford Connect services from Stepford Central that terminate here no longer terminate on Platform 1, and instead terminate on Platform 2, or Platform 3 if Platform 2 is already occupied. This is likely because of the addition of R037 and R038 in that update, so players can continue their journey to Llyn-by-the-Sea or Westwyvern if they wish.
- As of V1.7, this station now has Express signage, signifying their ownership and management of the station.
- It is possible to walk under the station.