Leighton Stepford Road station, located in the centre of the Leighton Zone, is a major interchange for Stepford Connect services to Stepford Victoria, Willowfield, Stepford Central, St Helens Bridge, Edgemead, Westwyvern and Llyn-by-the-Sea; AirLink services to Stepford Airport Central and Airport Terminal 3; and Stepford Express services to Stepford Central, Westwyvern and Llyn-by-the-Sea. It is a terminus for services from Stepford Central, Benton, Stepford Airport Central, Airport Terminal 3, Westwyvern and Llyn-by-the-Sea. It is an overground station, featuring 5 platforms, 1 of which is a bay platform.
This station features a British Rail logo and has a brown and white colour theme. It is one of few stations that feature curved platforms. The concourse of this station is located between platforms 1 and 2 with an underpass leading to platforms 3 to 5.
Track & Platform Layout
⟷ Passing service direction
|2||Terminating (Eastbound Connect and if Platform 1 is full for AirLink and Express),|
|4||Terminating (Westbound Connect only),|
- On some occasions, when Platform 1 is already occupied by an AirLink or Stepford Express train, trains can terminate on Platform 2, and if both Platforms 1 and 2 are occupied, trains can terminate on Platform 3. This happens very rarely though.
- Even though Stepford Connect has 2 eastbound terminating routes here, they don't use Platform 1. This is to allow trains from Stepford Central or Benton to terminate and continue onto R037 and R038 to Llyn-by-the-Sea and Westwyvern respectively.
- This is the only through station in the game in which trains can terminate on every platform.
- In V1.6, new signs without operator branding were added at this station, just saying the station name. The same could be seen at Elsemere Junction.
- The destination on the trains used to display "Leighton Stepford Road" in The Big Update, then it was changed to just "Stepford Road" in V1.1 due to some trains not being able to fit the destination properly on the destination board, but in the Five Million Update, it was changed again to "Leighton Step Rd".
- This is the only station where platforms have 2 stop markers at both ends. They are at Platforms 2 and 3 and are fully functional to accommodate trains from both directions.
- You can walk from here to Rocket Parade.
- This station resembles Manchester Oxford Road station in Manchester, England.
- This is the first station to have through and terminating platforms shared by more than one operator.
- In the Five Million Update, AirLink was extended to this station to celebrate the game reaching 5 million visits.
- Currently, this station is one of the 5 triple-line junctions alongside St Helens Bridge, Benton, Stepford Central and Elsemere Junction.
- This station has stop markers on Platforms 2 and 3 designated for 3 to 4 car Stepford Connect and AirLink services, as well as the Class 220 on Stepford Express services that are terminating at this station on those platforms ever since the V1.4.1 update. Previously, it was only made for AirLink services.
- Platform 1 used to have an old buffer, but it was replaced in V1.6. This is the same as Stepford Airport Parkway Siding.
- This station, along with Northshore, are the only two stations on the network to have the logo of British Rail on the side of the elevated portion of the tracks.
- This station has step-free access.
- Before Version 1.7, although this station serves AirLink, it was not on the spawn list for AirLink, so passengers spawning here have to spawn from the Stepford Connect or Stepford Express spawn lists. This was fixed in the aforementioned update.
- As of V1.6, Stepford Connect services from Stepford Central that terminate here no longer terminate on Platform 1, and instead terminate on Platform 2, or Platform 3 if Platform 2 is already occupied. This is likely because of the addition of R037 and R038 in that update, so players can continue their journey to Llyn-by-the-Sea or Westwyvern if they wish.
- As of V1.7, this station now has Express signage, signifying their ownership and management of the station.
- There are no trains that go to Airport Terminal 1 from here. Passengers would need to disembark at Stepford Airport Central and change trains to go to Airport Terminal 1.
- It is possible to walk under the station.
- Although the 5 car variant of the Class 43 is able to go on R076, due to the length of the platform 1, you need to stop very close to the buffer or else you can't open the doors and complete the route.
- Although the station is called Leighton Stepford Road, the decals outside the station entrance display 'Stepford Road'.