Leighton City station, located at the southern end of the Leighton Zone, is a small through station for Stepford Connect services to Stepford Victoria, Stepford Central, St Helens Bridge, Edgemead, Westwyvern, and Llyn-by-the-Sea, and for limited Stepford Express service to Llyn-by-the-Sea and Stepford Central.
Despite being called Leighton City, it is not at all connected to Leighton Stepford Road nor Rocket Parade via road, and the only thing that would suggest that it is actually in a city is that the platforms are underground.
On December 17th, 2019, as part of the Version 1.4 update, Express was released with one service stopping here. It is also confirmed that the redesign will be coming in a later patch. On February 22nd, 2020, the long-awaited renovated Leighton City has been released as part of the V1.4.1 update.
|1||Stepford Connect services to Edgemead, Westwyvern, and Llyn-by-the-Sea|
|2||Stepford Connect services to St Helens Bridge, Stepford Central and Stepford Victoria|
- This station was originally going to be called Leighton.
- Though city is in its name, Leighton City doesn't look like a city at all before V1.4.1. The scenery was just a street with a building.
- Before New Year's Eve of 2019, when V1.1 was released, the station served as a terminus for trains from St Helens Bridge.
- Before Version 1.1, if you proceeded past a sign that reads 'LINE CLOSED - DO NOT PROCEED' at the end of the platform, you would be ejected from your train automatically. This is like James Street, Port Benton, and Airport Terminal 2.
- Leighton City is one of the very few stations to be underground, along with Airport West, Airport T1 and T2.
- Trains to Stepford Victoria are only operated by Class 68 units, due to the limited route provided for drivers of the train.
- When this station was a terminus, it was planned to serve Stepford Central-bound trains, but the idea was turned down and it was a St Helens Bridge-bound instead.
- Before V1.1, you couldn't dispatch at this station and Platform 2 was unused, Platform 1 was used as a temporary terminating platform, which was similar to James Street today.
- If you try to make on-board announcement for this staton, you will have to use "Laighton City" instead of Leighton City to get the voice similar to the in game one. (Actually this is same for Leighton Stepford Road) This is because when "Leighton City" is used, the voice says "Lee-ton".
- This station got upgraded in V1.4.1.
- The terminating branch is also removed, meaning it's no longer possible terminate trains at this station.
- This station was considered to be one of the worst-looking stations before its upgrade.
- You can see an ad of West Benton Pet Supplies on the Connect's Information Board. It also can be seen at Whitefield, Whitefield Lido, and Starryloch.
- The platform walls of the station are similar to the ones at Stepford Airport West.
- Platform 1 is straight, but platform 2 is curved.