Leighton City station, located at the southern end of the Leighton Zone, is a small through station for Stepford Connect services to Stepford Victoria, Willowfield, Stepford Central, St Helens Bridge, Leighton Stepford Road, Edgemead, Westwyvern and Llyn-by-the-Sea, and for limited Stepford Express services to Llyn-by-the-Sea and Stepford Central.
Despite being called "Leighton City", it is not at all connected to Leighton Stepford Road nor Rocket Parade via road, and the only thing that would make you think s that it is actually in a city is that the platforms are underground.
On December 17th, 2019, as part of the Version 1.4 update, Express was released with one route stopping here. This station was supposed to be redesigned in this update, but it didn't fit in it, and the redesigned station was instead released on February 22nd, 2020 as part of the V1.4.1 update.
|1||Stepford Connect services to Edgemead, Westwyvern and Llyn-by-the-Sea|
|2||Stepford Connect services to Leighton Stepford Road, St Helens Bridge, Stepford Central, Willowfield and Stepford Victoria|
- This station was originally going to be called "Leighton".
- Although "city" is in its name, Leighton City didn't look like a city at all before V1.4.1. The scenery was just a street with a building.
- Before V1.1 was released on New Year's Eve of 2018, this station served as a terminus for trains from St Helens Bridge.
- Before Version 1.1, if you proceeded past a sign that read 'LINE CLOSED - DO NOT PROCEED' at the end of the platform, you would be ejected from your train automatically. The same currently applies to James Street, Port Benton on Stepford Connect, Leighton Stepford Road platforms 2 and 3 terminating if platform 1 is full and Airport Terminal 2.
- Leighton City is one of very few stations in the game to be underground, along with Airport West, Airport T1 and T2.
- Trains to Stepford Victoria are only operated by Class 68 units, due to the limited route provided for drivers of the train.
- When this station was a terminus, it was planned to serve Stepford Central-bound trains, but the idea was turned down, and trains terminated from St Helens Bridge instead.
- Before V1.1, you couldn't dispatch at this station, and Platform 2 was unused. Platform 1 was used as a temporary terminating platform, which is similar to James Street today.
- If you try to make on-board announcement for this staton, you will have to use "Laighton City" instead of Leighton City to get the voice similar to the in game one. (Actually, this is same for Leighton Stepford Road) This is because when "Leighton City" is used, the voice says "Lee-ton".
- This station got upgraded in V1.4.1.
- The terminating junction was also removed, meaning it's no longer possible to terminate at this station.
- This station was considered to be one of the worst-looking stations before its upgrade.
- You can see an ad for West Benton Pet Supplies on the Connect Information Board. It also can be seen at Whitefield, Whitefield Lido, and Starryloch.
- The platform walls of the station are similar to the ones at Stepford Airport West.
- Platform 1 is straight, but Platform 2 is curved.
- The developer of this station, Mattyx2013 said that the station was essentially a copy of City Thameslink station
- This station has step-free access.