Leighton City station, located at the southern end of the Leighton Zone, is a small through station for Stepford Connect services to Stepford Victoria, Stepford Central, St Helens Bridge, Edgemead, Westwyvern, and Llyn-by-the-Sea, and for limited Stepford Express service to Llyn-by-the-Sea and Stepford Central.
Despite being called Leighton City, it is not at all connected to Leighton Stepford Road or Rocket Parade via road, and the only thing that would suggest that it is actually in a city is that the platforms are underground.
On December 17th, 2019, as part of the Version 1.4 update, Express was released with some services stopping at Leighton City. It is also confirmed that the redesign will be coming in a later patch.
|1||Stepford Connect services to Edgemead, Westwyvern, and Llyn-by-the-Sea
Limited Stepford Express services to Llyn-by-the-Sea
|2||Stepford Connect services to St Helens Bridge, Stepford Central and Stepford Victoria
Limited Stepford Express services to Stepford Central
- This station was originally going to be called Leighton.
- Though city is in its name, Leighton City doesn't look like a city at all. The scenery is just a street with a building. There was new, updated scenery when the Connect extension was announce, however, due to serious bugs, this did not come out in 1.4.
- Before New Year’s Eve of 2018, when V1.1 was released, the station served as a terminus for trains from St. Helens Bridge.
- Before Version 1.1, if you proceeded past a sign that reads 'LINE CLOSED - DO NOT PROCEED' at the end of the platform, you would be ejected from your train automatically. This is like James Street, Port Benton, and Airport Terminal 2.
- Leighton City is one of the very few stations to be mostly underground.
- Trains to Stepford Victoria are only operated by Class 68 units, due to the limited route provided for drivers of the train.
- When this station was a terminus, it was planned to serve Stepford Central-bound trains, but the idea was turned down.
- Before V1.1, you couldn't dispatch at this station and Platform 2 was unused, Platform 1 was used as a temporary terminating platform.
- If you try to make on-board announcement for this staton, you will have to use "Laighton City" instead of Leighton City to get the voice similar to the in game one. (Actually this is same for Leighton Stepford Road) This is because when "Leighton City" is used, the voice says "Lee-ton".
- This station is very similar to James Street as it is open (P1 View) and closed. (P2 View)
- This station is one of under detailed station with James Street, Stepford High Street, and Whitefield.
- If you drive a Stepford Express train to this station and stop at the S Car Marker, the doors don't open which requires you to go a little bit further.