Lead Driver [LD] is a Supervisor rank, senior to drivers, and involves assisting with the training of new Qualified Drivers and working with the Supervisor team. Lead Drivers get moderation permissions in-game and in the Discord server to keep the game and discord running smoothly. They can also co-host Dispatcher, Guard and Signaller trainings.
To Obtain This Rank
The following is required in order to achieve this rank:
- The minimum age requirement is 13 years or older.
- Applicants must be in the SCR official ROBLOX group and the official Discord server.
- Applicants must be ranked Qualified Driver or above to apply.
If applicants have surpassed the following requirements, there are a few steps when applying:
- Fill out an application for the Lead Driver role. They open at the discretion of the Driver Manager.
- If accepted, the second step is to attend four training sessions that each focus on a different area, before taking the LD Quiz.
- Upon passing the Quiz, they will have to attend a few Qualified Driver trainings as Host and Co-Host to become an officially qualified Lead Driver.
- Leading Driver [LD]
- Before V1.5, Lead Drivers could not dispatch or signal even if they were trained before. Guarding does not count as it did not exist at that time.
- On the 30th May 2020, SCR renamed the rank to Lead Driver. Before this change was made, they were called Leading Drivers.
- In the December 2020 batch of applicants, there were only 60% of the normal amount of applications and only 8 passed.
- In the July 2021 batch of applicants, there were 587 applicants and 11 passed. Two Supervisors transferred to the department.
- In the June 2022 batch of applicants, there were 1001 applicants and 13 passed, including one Supervisor who transferred to the department.
- This rank is the only Supervisor rank to have a two-letter abbreviation, as the other ranks currently have three-letter abbreviations.