Edgemead is a step-free through and bi-directional terminus station served by Stepford Connect services to Leighton Stepford Road, St Helens Bridge, Stepford Central, Willowfield, Stepford Victoria, Westwyvern and Llyn-by-the-Sea; and limited Stepford Express services to Stepford Central, Westwyvern and Llyn-by-the-Sea.
Track & Platform Layout
<< Passing Service Direction
|>>||Stepford Connect services to Westwyvern and Llyn-by-the-Sea.|
|2||Terminating, Stepford Connect services to St Helens Bridge, Stepford Victoria and Llyn-by-the-Sea.|
|<<||Stepford Connect services to St Helens Bridge, Stepford Central, Willowfield and Stepford Victoria.|
|Platform(s)||Destination||Route Number||Calling At|
|1||Westwyvern||R025/R038||Faymere, Westercoast, Millcastle Racecourse, Millcastle and Westwyvern|
|R035||Faymere, Westercoast, Millcastle and Westwyvern|
|Llyn-by-the-Sea||R024/R037||Faymere, Westercoast, Millcastle, Westwyvern, Starryloch and Llyn by the Sea|
|R026/R036||Westercoast, Millcastle, Westwyvern, Northshore and Llyn by the Sea|
|R077||Westwyvern, Northshore and Llyn by the Sea|
|2/3||Stepford Victoria||R009||Leighton City, Leighton Stepford Road, Water Newton, Hampton Hargate, Benton, Coxly, Bodin, St Helens Bridge, Stepford East, Stepford Central and Stepford Victoria|
|St Helens Bridge||R004||Leighton City, Leighton Stepford Road, Water Newton, Hampton Hargate, Benton Bridge, Benton, Coxly, Bodin and St Helens Bridge|
|2||Llyn-by-the-Sea||R040||Faymere, Westercoast, Millcastle Racecourse, Millcastle, Westwyvern, Starryloch and Llyn by the Sea|
|3||Stepford Central||R024||Leighton City, Leighton Stepford Road, Water Newton, Hampton Hargate, Benton Bridge, Benton, Coxly, Bodin, Angel Pass, St Helens Bridge, Stepford East and Stepford Central|
|R077||Leighton City, Leighton Stepford Road, Benton, St Helens Bridge and Stepford Central|
|R082||Leighton Stepford Road, Morganstown, Elsemere Junction and Stepford Central|
|Stepford Victoria||R026||Leighton City, Leighton Stepford Road, Water Newton, Hampton Hargate, Benton, Coxly, Bodin, St Helens Bridge, Stepford East, Stepford Central and Stepford Victoria|
|Willowfield||R035||Leighton City, Leighton Stepford Road, Water Newton, Hampton Hargate, Benton Bridge, Benton, Coxly, Bodin, St Helens Bridge, Stepford East, Stepford Central, Beechley and Willowfield|
- Before V1.7.2, there was a siding nearby for Stepford Connect trains to spawn at. Due to track settings, the siding only went to Platform 1, the terminating buffer platform at that time, therefore only services terminating at Edgemead, i.e. R004 and R009 could use this siding.
- Connect trains bound for Westwyvern and Llyn-by-the-Sea, and all Stepford Express trains would have to use the Faymere Green Depot instead.
- The siding is the second spawn place to have been removed in-game, the first being Bodin Depot. Coxly Depot and Winstree Depot don't count since the former's spawn place was replaced by the two sidings at Coxly, and the latter being renamed to Leighton Depot.
- Platform 1 used to be rarely used after 1.4 as it was the terminus of R009 and R004, which players drove rarely.
- In 1.7.2, Edgemead was upgraded, which included removing this siding and Platform 1 was rebuilt into a normal platform, and now trains heading toward Llyn use platform 1, and terminating trains are routed onto Platform 2.
- When Edgemead was released in V1.1, Platforms 2 and 3 were not in use, with Platform 3 being inaccessible as the entrance to that platform was not built yet. However, with the release of Version 1.4, all platforms became used, and Platform 3 can finally be accessed.
- Between V1.4 and V1.7.1, Platform 3 owned a seperate entrance, independent of the other two platforms. After the refurbishment in V1.7.2, only the entrance at Platform 3 was kept, and a footbridge was installed to provide access to the other platforms.
- Prior to the launch of the Llyn extension, this was the only station to have more unused platforms than in-use platforms.
- Before the refurbishment, Edgemead's concept design had not been changed since it was created, except for the terminus track. (The colour is Cashmere)
- Before the 1.7.2 update, this station, along with James Street and Upper Staploe, were the only stations in SCR having neither CIS boards nor Concourse Information Boards. There is now a Concourse Information Board at the left hand side of the entrance and ticket barriers archway. Strangely, there are still no CIS boards.
- Signallers affectionately call the barn outside of Edgemead ”Mugmead” after former SSG Muggenzifter.
- At Mugmead, there is an inaccessible Foot Crossing.
- Before V1.5, this station had no OFF indicators despite being a dispatchable station.
- OFF indicators were then installed in V1.5.
- Before Version 1.4, this was the end of the Stepford Main Line for Stepford Connect.
- Before the refurbishment, this station was commonly referred to as dead or underutilised as many major upgrades had ignored its need for new features such as CIS Boards even though it is seen as a semi-major station, with some Express routes servicing it. With its 1.7.2 rebuild, a Concourse Information Board has been installed.
- Since 1.7.2, this is the only station where trains from both directions can terminate at the same platform. Leighton Stepford Road technically has this trait, but this rarely happens unless the station is full.
- This station has step-free access.
- After the station got upgraded in V1.7.2, unused tracks were seen on top of a pile of dirt near the tracks towards Stepford, near the tunnel towards Llyn-by-the-Sea. This is speculated to be the remains of the former Edgemead Siding by the community, although it is also possible that this is a reference to the poll on January 2021, when Charlie_RBX asked the community to choose SCR's final network extension. The unused tracks could be a hint that the Connect Extension would have had branched off at Edgemead had it won the vote.