Scattered across the map, there are various large, rectangular buildings displaying interesting names such as "BenTach's Systemz" or "Matty Studios". Many of these structures have somewhat humorous names and some contain references to certain aspects of the SCR community. There are many different types of Commercial Buildings, ranging from large, blocky structures to small downtown shops. This page contains a complete list of all the Commercial Buildings in SCR and the stories behind some of them
Please note that the explanations behind most of these commercial buildings are just what is generally believed by the community - none of this has been confirmed.
- VisitBodin - Department of Knowledge: This is one of two VisitBodin structures and was probably built for one of the Product Developer, thehazad9, in order for him to attract people to Bodin, his favorite station.
- Choc's Biscuits: This store is believed to be owned by the former Head of Platform Operations, chocolatesalty123.
- PizzabyBilly: This is perhaps the most famous of all the commercial buildings. PizzabyBilly is named in honor of the Head of Network Signalling, billythepet, who is revered throughout the community for his pizza. There is another PizzaByBilly located in Westercoast.
- BenTach's Systemz: This commercial building was almost certainly designed as a joke. It appears to be the headquarters of BenTach, a nonexistent imposter of the Innovations Director BanTech.
- Jame's M.O.T.s: Little is known about the story behind this building. The text "M.O.T.s while you wait for a mate!" is written underneath the heading. In the UK, M.O.T.s sometimes refer to a full-body medical exam, but nobody really knows the true meaning.
- Berry's Berries of Berrily: This commercial station is located very close to Berrily, so the story behind its alliterative name is quite obvious. Interestingly, an unused track branches off of the AirLink tracks near this building and appears to collide with the structure's west wall. There are two buildings in Westercoast with a similar name: Barry's Berries and Berry's Berries.
- Greenslade Security: Likely named after SirGreenslade who was a security officer at SCR before that rank was removed. Despite being located at East Berrily, it can be seen from Greenslade.
- West Benton Pet Supplies: This is another one of the more famous commercial buildings. Mattyx2013 has a special fondness for this store and created advertisements for it that can be found at Whitefield Lido, Westercoast, and Starryloch.
- Dodgy Dave's Driveway- Distribution Center: Sponsored by VisitBodin: Department of Money. This is the second of the three VisitBodin commercial buildings. It's primary title, "Dodgy Dave's Driveway," appears to be a reference to Dave, a mythical person Charlie has dubbed the Chief Measurements Officer. Former Labour MP Dennis Skinner once called former Prime Minister David Cameron Dodgy Dave.
- Newry Packaging Center
- Coming Soon... Yes, you read correctly. This building simply displays the text "Coming soon..."
- Matty Studios: This commercial building is quite obviously named after Mattyx2013, the former Operations Director.
- Haughton Foundry: Haughton Foundry is Product Developer yrrebRBLX's Roblox development team. Haughton Foundry has two buildings in SCR - this commercial building, and a large tower between Stepford Central and Stepford East with yrebb's signature teapot painted on it.
- Tob's Tools
- Newry Harbour Customs & Shipping Centre this was built adjacent to Newry Harbour station.
The majority of the Commercial Buildings on the Llyn-by-the-sea Line are different in that they occupy just small shops that all make up one massive building, instead of one large structure each.
- CeeGee's This commercial building is located at Millcastle. It is most likely a shop built for cg7033, the Relations Director.
- Roman's Bowling Probably a bowling alley.
- The Drum and Bass likely a pub.
- Nice to Greek You potentially a Greek school that teaches the language. Can also be a restaurant that serves Greek food.
- Nickes - Builders Merchant
- Joe's Trainer Shop
Westercoast has a wide variety of different Commercial Buildings. These first ones are made out of bricks with window decals, and a sign designating them at the top.
- Overhead's Wires This Commercial Building is clearly for OverheadWires, the former Product Developer.
- Welsh's Watchmakers This building could potentially be for TransportForWales (formally thewelsh1), one of the current Head of Network Signalling.
- Eco's Back Scratcher This commercial building is built for Ecoscratcher, a Youtuber notorious for his criticism of Stepford County Railway.
- Stepford Electronics Most likely sells electronics, as suggested by the title.
These next two commercial buildings are also made out of brown bricks with window decals, but their names are depicted in gold lettering above their doors. They resemble British pubs.
- The Railway Tavern Obviously a tavern for travelers.
- The Valley Arms' 'Obviously a tavern for travelers as well.
The final commercial buildings are all small shops that make up larger structures, much like at Millcastle.
- Bargain Bevs possibly a shop with many cheap stuff, may be a reference to Home Bargains.
- Vault Possibly a bank.
- Muller Corner
- Curry Club
- Thats why dads shop at Ireland reference to the supermarket Iceland which is common in Britain.
- Family Lawyers
- Funeral Care
- I ❤️ Bodin It is well known that Westercoast's scenery was built by Product Developer thehazad9, who is known to be the mayor of Bodin.
- FELLA'S FRIES
- 98p Store reference to the former pound shop 99p Stores, which was acquired by Poundland.
- Teimo's Shop reference to the video game My Summer Car.
- Baseball Hats
- Victoria Research Group
- Phoneware Carhouse Reference to Carphone Warehouse.
- SUFC Official Store (Stepford United Football Club)
- Barry's Berries Similar to Berry's Berries of Berrily.
- The Faymere Citizen
- Westercoast Homes Probably an estate agent. It is possible that the houses around Westercoast station are being sold, if vacant.
- Jive's Boulangerie This commercial building appears to be built for the Head of People Engagement, JiveOff. A boulangerie is a bakery.
- PizzaByBilly This is the second store of the Head of Network Signalling, Billythepet. This one is significantly more detailed than the store at Elsemere Junction despite being smaller, with pictures of Billythepet next to the sign and a stack of pizza boxes near the entrance.
- West Benton Pet Supplies This is the second store for West Benton Pet Supplies. The same advertisement seen at Whitefield Lido is standing outside the store.
- Mikes Trout
- Jamie's Jammies JamiePlaysAGamie is a former Senior Signaller for Stepford County Railway, but it is unknown whether or not this building was named in his honor.
- Berry's Berries Possibly another location of the same company that owns Berry's Berries of Berrily.
- Al's Vids This building is clearly built for the Head of Platform Operations, Al_Vids.
- Westercoast Tourism
- Jive's Chives This building is probably built for the HPE, JiveOff, as well.
- Royal Bank of Bodin
- Dyno's Diner Dyno is the moderation bot used on the SCR Official Discord Server, and it appears that this diner is named in its honor.
- Greenslade Security A larger Greenslade Security is located on the Morganstown Branch Line. This one features two signs painted on it: "0 days since the last break-in" and "Stepfords #1 Security".
- Weightrose reference to the supermarket Waitrose
- TheCODFather a play on 'The Godfather'
- Stepford County Council
- Harry's Holidays This store, ironically, displays the sign "Closed for the Holidays."
- S. Skinner Supermarche
Finally, VisitBodin: Department of Foreign Affairs & Tourism is the third VisitBodin building which stands tall over everything else in Westercoast.
Two signs for a small alleyway in between the stores in this area, Carlos Courtyard, can be found.