- It has the highest class number of any train. The one behind it is the Class 755.
- It has the highest speed of all trains, with a maximum speed of 110 MPH along with the Class 350 and Class 387. It is also the fastest train that can run on diesel in SCR.
- It is the only Hitachi A-Train in the game.
- These trains are also called Nova 1. It is also the only one of the three Transpennine Express Nova trains in SCR.
- This is the only train in SCR that excluding cab doors has single-leaf doors.
- It was first revealed in a sneak peak on the SCR Discord Server, then again for the Next Generation upgrade.
- The Legacy Class 802 appears during the final seconds of BanTech's SCR V1.1 Teaser video.
- In real life, the maximum speed of class 802 is 125 miles per hour; this is because the A-Trains are being built to replace the aging InterCity 125. If the speed is increased to 125 mph, it would be the fastest train in SCR.
- This train is one of the three most expensive trains in SCR. The others are the Class 68 and the Class 387.
- The Class 802 shares the exact same horn sound as the Class 185, Class 360/1, and Class 755.
- This Train is most often used on the Express Airlink routes R051, R052, R056, and R057.
- When this train became Next Generation, it has destination boards at the side, new sounds, smooth side and face (Like the upcoming NG Class 321), and a yellow front and back to match the current AirLink livery.
- This is the first Next Generation trains to have smooth curving on the sides.
- Before it was NG, it did not have a yellow front (People called it a "Penguin train.")
- There's a chance that this train or the similar Class 800 could be used in Stepford Express due to the fact they both can reach 125 MPH in real life. This train could either be moved to Express or have a new subclass for Express.
- This trains doors glitch through the walls as a bug.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.