The Class 707 Desiro City trains are used for Stepford Connect services. These trains are 5 cars in length, with a maximum speed of 100 MPH. This train costs 300 points.
- Compared to real life, the sounds were different. Before becoming next-gen, both accelerating and decelerating made the sound produced by the 700 and 717 in real life when on overhead power, and the 707 only runs on third rail. When it initially became next-gen, the acceleration sound was corrected, but the deceleration sound wasn't changed. This is most noticeable when a driver undershoots a platform and then moves forward. In in 1.3.19 or 1.3.20, this has been corrected to match reality.
- These trains replaced the Class 700s in The Big Update.
- This train is the only train from the Desiro City family to operate on SCR.
- This train and the Class 700 are exactly the same with the exception of a livery change, the sounds, and the number of cars. No performance changes have been made.
- These trains were frequently operated at Port Benton, so much that the developers had to extend the Stepford Connect platform at that station.
- This train is much cheaper than most other of the Stepford Connect trains, with the exception of Class 357, which is free.
- These trains are more successful in SCR than they are in real life. These trains are unwanted in real life (as they are being replaced by Class 701 Aventra units, along with all Class 455, 456 and 458 units for South Western Railway), whereas they are quite frequently used for Stepford Connect services.
- Before it became NG many people would drive this train to Morganstown.