The Class 68 UKLight is a diesel-electric locomotive manufactured by Stadler Rail (formerly Vossloh), in use on Stepford Connect.
- This train only operates 20 out of the 28 Stepford Connect routes, R003, R004, R006, R007, R022, R024, R025, R028, R029, R030, R031, R032, R033, R034, R035, R037, R038 and the exclusive R009 (Stepford Victoria to Edgemead), R026 (Stepford Victoria to Llyn-by-the-Sea) and R036 (Willowfield to Llyn-by-the-Sea) routes.
- This train is one of the five most expensive trains in SCR. The others are the Class 43, the Class 387 and the Class 802.
- This train is the only train that requires experience to purchase.
- Because of these reasons, the Class 68 is often considered a "pro train”.
- When the ability to change routes at terminals was first introduced, it became possible to drive this train on all of the routes using this new function. The glitch was quickly patched, but many people took advantage of it and posted pictures of this train at Airport Central. This also resulted in some other trains operating the exclusive R009. R026 and R036 do not count as they did not exist at that time. After V1.6,the Class 68 can now go to Stepford Airport Central using R033 (Beechley to Stepford Airport Central).
- This train has a unique Connect livery. A similar livery could be seen on the Class 458/0 and Class 158 before V1.6, however, they are not identical.
- The Class 68 once had the lowest class number in the game, however, this changed when the Class 43 was released in Version 1.4 and later changed again when the Class 08 was introduced, although it is not driveable.
- The Class 68 is one of the three trains, alongside the Class 801 and the Class 730 in all of SCR to not have a yellow front end.
- Before this train got upgraded to Next Generation, it wasn't able to do R004.
- This train and the Class 43 are the only trains in the game to have door slam closing sounds, separate locomotives and Mk3 coaches.
- The two Class 68 locomotives have the same unit number for both locomotives, despite being different units. This is likely a coding limitation. This also applies to the double Class 185 units running on AirLink, the Class 43 and the Class 165/1.
- A Class 68 locomotive is seen at Faymere Green TMD, in addition to three Connect Mk3 coaches like the ones that make up this train. A locomotive can also be seen near Coxly Bypass Siding.
- This train's livery was changed when it was upgraded to Next Generation.
- The livery appears to be based off the one TransPennine Express uses in real life for their 'Nova 3' locomotives.
- Instead of stopping at 3 car Stop Markers you need to stop at the 5 car ones because of the two locomotives. (3 coaches + 2 locos)
- The Class 68 is operated by Direct Rail Services (freight), Chiltern Railways, TransPennine Express and formerly Abellio ScotRail.
- The Mk3 coaches recieved a new livery in V1.6, but the locomotives did not get a new livery.
- This is the only Stepford Connect train to have single leaf doors.
- This train is in the preview of Mattyx2013, presenting the new landscapes of Coxly and the new signs of the station. It happens to be on a siding and not at the station.
- You will not lose Experience getting this train, as Experience cannot be spent.
- The locomotives are the only train/part that didn't get the new livery, as the carriages did. This is intentional, as the loco has the SCR livery instead of the standard Stepford Connect livery.
- This train, alongside with the Class 43, are the only trains that have no destination boards that shows the terminus station.
- Before V1.6, the Class 68 was unable to terminate at Stepford UFC, Berrily and Stepford Airport Central and unable to stop at New Harrow, Elsemere Pond, Stepford Airport Parkway and Stepford Airport Central.
- Before V1.6, if stopping at East Berrily and Beaulieu Park, the announcement would say that the doors in coach 4 would not open, even though the Class 68 only has 3 passenger coaches. This was fixed in V1.6.
- If you are looking in the train list, you will see the info of the Class 68 say the length is 5.
- This train and the Class 43 are the only trains in SCR to have a bar in one of their coaches.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.