- This is the second oldest train in the game, having entered service in 1979. The oldest train being the Class 43, which was introduced in 1975.
- When introduced, this was the only train to have automatic pocket doors. The Class 319 and Class 321 are receiving it in the future while the Class 707, Class 802 and Class 801 have it now.
- These trains are the only ones in the game without a door opening chime.
- This train is the 1st Electric train to be Next Generation.
- This train's horn cuts off. (as you can hear.)
- This train horn is unique, as no other trains have the same horn.
- The Class 508 is one of the most slowest trains in all of Stepford County Railway, with a max speed of 75 MPH along with Class 465 and Class 458/5
- In real life, these trains currently are operated by Merseyrail and were formerly operated by British Rail Southern Region, Southeastern and Silverlink.
- The Class 508 has the same motor as the Class 319 and the Class 321 on Connect.
- These trains are similar to the Class 313, 314 and 315, none of which operate in SCR at this time.
- The 508 has a twin class, the Class 507, also operated by Merseyrail - the main difference is that the 507 units have always been 3-car trains, whilst the 508 units were built as 4-car trains, until they were transferred to Merseyrail.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.