The Class 43 InterCity 125 is a diesel-electric locomotive, it set to be used by Stepford Express. Two of these locomotives paired with four Mark 3 coaches form a complete Class 43 unit. The price of this train is still unknown. It was revealed on October 18, 2019; alongside Llyn-by-the-Sea.
- This will be the oldest train in the game having entered service in 1975 in real life.
- This will be the lowest numbered train in the game; and will beat the previous lowest numbered train, the Class 68.
- In real life, some of these trains were put out of service after 43 years in favor of the Hitachi A-Trains (such as the Class 802).
- The Class 43 will have the same unit number for both locomotives, despite being different units. This is likely a coding limitation.
- The Class 43 in SCR has 4 coaches and 2 locomotives, which also exists in real life, these are the ScotRail, Network Rail and GWR short HST sets, also known as the Pocket Rocket sets.
- This train will be the second locomotive hauled train, the first being the aforementioned Class 68.
- It is a possibility that this train may be the fastest in SCR, reaching 125 MPH (most likely).