The Class 185 Desiro is a diesel multiple-unit manufactured by Siemens, in use on both Stepford Connect and AirLink. These trains are formed of 3 or 6 (AirLink double unit) coaches, and cost 1500 points. The Double AirLink Class 185 can be unlocked after purchasing the single version.
- The Class 185s were not often in service due to its poor texturing being unfavored by drivers. In V1.1, this was changed when it was refurbished, and their usage also increased when they were upgraded to NG.
- In real life, these trains are operated by TransPennine Express.
- This is the only train in the game to operate on more than 1 operator at the same time.
- However, this does not mean you can get both versions with one-time purchase. They are separated into (CN) and (AL), which is not the same in the game code.
- This train, the Class 360, the Class 350 and the Class 323 are the only trains to have a destination sign with green lettering.
- There is a 1% chance that one of the 3 car AirLink units can be numbered 185185.
- For some reason, a Double AirLink Class 185 has the same unit number for both units, despite being different units. This is likely a coding limitation. This also applies to the Class 43 and Class 68 locomotives.
- The Class 185 is the first train in SCR to offer First Class accommodation. On a single AirLink unit, it is located at the front where you start driving from. On a Double AirLink unit, it is located in the middle.
- Connect Class 185s do not have first class on board.
- The Class 185 was the first paper/legacy train in the game to be converted into a Next Generation train with working doors and interiors.
- This is the only train to operate every kind of service/under every headcode - 1 (fast), 9 (semi-fast), 2 (stopper), and 3 (depot).
- The AirLink Double Class 185 unit is the longest train in SCR, the other being the Class 43 (if you count the locomotives).
- The Class 185 Connect have no seats for the first 36 minutes of its release.
- The 6 car AirLink Class 185 is the only train to be announced that First Class is located at the middle.
- The Class 185 is the train used in QD training.