CIS Boards are screens placed around the platforms of stations, that display information of the trains that will call at that station. They usually show the upcoming stations and the lateness of the train. If no trains are nearby, the screen will either show no information or display "Welcome to (Station Name)". Also, the screen will tell the user if the train approaching will skip the station. The CIS Boards can be in different styles in each station. CIS boards will be blank until a train is nearby and a platform is assigned.
To collect your schedule information, there is a grey treadle placed near the approaching point of a train at a station. They deliver the information to the board, display it, and trigger an announcement. This is why the platform screen will be blank as the system does not know what platform the train will call at until it has passed the treadle (this is due to be made more accurate with a predictive platform allocation update).
- The most common CIS Board style is the long, black board with yellow text. These boards can be found in stations like Benton Bridge, Benton and Coxly.
- The rarest CIS board style is the hanging board at Stepford East and St Helens Bridge. They are also the most detailed and the biggest board.
- All displays used to have connector blobs in a vertical arrangement before The Big Update, but now only certain stations have it.
- In the previous versions of SCR, the CIS Boards were less detailed and had very poor scripting.
- There are 3 types of CIS board currently present at SCR stations.
- Edgemead, James Street, and Upper Staploe do not have CIS boards.
- Morganstown used to not have CIS boards, but in V1.4.1, Morganstown got CIS boards as dispatching was enabled.
- Beaulieu Park also used to not have CIS boards, but received them in the station's rework in 1.7
- There is a bug with CIS boards where if a train before midnight is delayed until after midnight, the board may glitch on the expected time.
- In V1.0, these boards used to say "No information at present", before they got changed to "Welcome to (Station Name)" in V1.1.
- There was some speculation of the predictive platform allocation being added into SCR Version 1.7, however this feature did not get into 1.7.