- REDIRECT Template:Infobox building
Benton Siding is a siding added in Version 1.7 that spawns Waterline trains towards Morganstown, Connolly, James Street and Greenslade. It has one track and leads directly to Platform 1 at Benton. This siding faces eastbound.
|Siding Slot||Routes||Platform at Benton|
|Lane 1 (Waterline)||R010, R011, R012, R013, R014, R015||1 or 2|
- This depot was put here as part of the scenery and layout upgrade at Benton Station.
- This is the only siding which has a barrier on both sides of the siding, likely to shield workers from passing trains. Whitefield Lido Siding also has a barrier on one side.
- At the end of the siding, a not in service Class 165 is parked there.
- This depot does not serve any Stepford Connect or Stepford Express trains, which also passes through the main line next to this siding.
- Stepford Connect trains may use the Benton Depot instead, which allows trains to go into Benton towards St Helens Bridge, Stepford Central, Stepford Victoria, Beechley, and Willowfield, or the Coxly Bypass Siding, allowing access into Benton towards Port Benton, Stepford Airport Central, Leighton Stepford Road, Edgemead, Westwyvern, and Llyn-by-the-Sea, the latter of which can also be used by Stepford Express trains for access to the terminating platforms here as well as through service to Leighton and Llyn.
- Before this siding existed, Waterline trains to James Street or Connolly had to spawn all the way at Faraday Road Depot and then reverse at Newry or Newry Harbour, which made the routes quite empty.
- This is the only siding that serves all the Waterline routes, including the Morganstown Shuttle.
- This is the only depot/siding to have a train from all Waterline spawn locations.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.