Benton is a major station in the Benton Zone. It is served by Stepford Connect services to Stepford Victoria, Beechley, Willowfield, Stepford Central, St Helens Bridge, Port Benton, Stepford Airport Central, Leighton Stepford Road, Edgemead, Westwyvern and Llyn-by-the-Sea; Waterline services to Newry, Newry Harbour, Connolly, Greenslade, Morganstown and James Street; and Stepford Express services to Llyn-by-the-Sea, Leighton Stepford Road and Stepford Central.
This station has 16 platforms. Counting the platform by length all together makes 8 or 9 (depending on if you count 5A, 5B and 5C into one platform or not).
Before the V1.1 update, this station used to be very congested, but ever since that update came out, this station has been having very light train traffic, with some players calling Benton "dead".
After the V1.4 update, this station has been used more often than before due to all of the new routes included in the update passing through Benton, and traffic of the station has increased to a moderate level.
Track & Platform Layout
<< Passing Service Direction
<<-X->> Two directions track with intersection
>>-X->> One direction track with intersection
|1b||1a||Waterline services to Greenslade, James Street and Connolly|
|<<-X->>||Track for connecting and eventual passing Platforms 1A, 1B, 2A, 2B|
|<<||<<||Waterline services to Newry and Newry Harbour|
|3||Terminating, Waterline services to Greenslade and Morganstown|
|>>-X->>||Track for connecting and eventual passing Platforms 4A, 4B|
|>>||>>||Stepford Connect services to Port Benton, Leighton Stepford Road, Stepford Airport Central, Edgemead, Westwyvern and Llyn-by-the-Sea|
|-]||5c||Terminating, Stepford Express services to Stepford Central|
|5b||5a||Stepford Express services to Llyn-by-the-Sea and Leighton Stepford Road|
|<<-X->>||Track for connecting and eventual passing Platforms 5A, 5B, 6A, 6B|
|<<||<<||Stepford Express services to Stepford Central|
|7b||7a||Stepford Connect services to St Helens Bridge, Stepford Central, Beechley, Willowfield and Stepford Victoria|
|<<-X-<<||Track for connecting and eventual passing Platforms 7A, 7B, 8A, 8B|
|<<||<<||Stepford Connect services to St Helens Bridge, Stepford Central, Beechley, Willowfield and Stepford Victoria|
- Benton has the highest number of platforms out of all stations on the Stepford County Railway network, with a total of 16. Benton was also the busiest station on the network until V1.1, with all trains and routes stopping there, even from all depots. The new busiest station is Stepford Central.
- Benton only had two platforms when the game was originally released, but due to the number of routes that would run through the station, it was deemed not fit for that purpose, and the tracks were rerouted to a new station. The original entrance to the station no longer exists, and was replaced by the main entrance and the east concourse. The original station was later demolished.
- It is also home to the Benton ROC, which is located just outside the main entrance. It was used for signalling the network and DS trainings using a retired Class 700, it also included some offices. However, it is no longer used for signalling due to the Stepford East ROC opening in V1.1, and the building was opened to the public, primarily for trainspotters. DS trainings are now held at Faymere. It is unknown whether the offices are still being used, since there are newer offices in Stepford Central since V1.4.4.
- The preserved Class 700 in the ROC has been removed. Its whereabouts since then became unknown as it was not relocated to anywhere else in the game afterwards.
- This station, Port Benton, Morganstown and Beaulieu Park-Whitney Green are the only interchange stations between Stepford Connect and Waterline.
- The track setup shows that Platform 7A is only used by trains from Benton Bridge, and 8A from Benton Depot or Port Benton.
- A few of the signs for the platforms are outdated. Here is a list of them. Pre-V1.6 signs are not included.
- The sign at Platform 4 does not mention Edgemead or Westwyvern. This may be caused by the services patterns of trains, as since the opening of the Llyn extension, players seldom drive services that terminate at Edgemead, while most players who drive the Llyn extension services opt to drive those going all the way to Llyn-by-the-Sea instead of those that ends midway at Westwyvern.
- The signs at Platform 7 and Platform 8 do not mention Beechley.
- This is one of the first Waterline stations.
- Before Express was opened, platforms 5A, 5B, 5C, 6A, 6B were unused, making this station once had more unused platforms than any other, with 5. After Express launched, however, all platforms are now in use.
- Walking distance is available to this station from Cambridge Street Parkway, Benton Bridge, Port Benton, and Morganstown Docks.
- This station is one of 7 stations on the SCR network which is operated by Network Rail, not SCR.
- It is possible to get off a Stepford Connect train here, run to Port Benton, & catch the same train if it's bound for Port Benton.
- This is one of 3 stations to have lettered platforms, along with Morganstown and Newry.
- This is the only station to have platform lettered with "c".
- Only one platform of this station's sixteen platforms has no letters in its platform number, Platform 3.
- Currently, every Waterline and Stepford Express route stop at this station. The other station where all Stepford Express routes stop at is Stepford Central.
- On very rare occasions, if all Connect platforms towards Stepford City are occupied, and you're on a train approaching Benton, there is a chance that the train would not stop at Benton and pass through the station via a track that doesn't have a platform. This would count as skipping the station to the system and if you have already passed another station, you will be despawned automatically.
- It could be more common to see this situation happening to the Express platforms to Leighton Stepford Road and Llyn-by-the-Sea, since there are only 2 platforms for it and often Express trains are ahead of schedule, making them stop at the platforms for a while.
- Also, it could be more common on eastbound Connect services, because there are 2 platforms instead of 4 like for westbound Connect services.
- This station resembled the old Birmingham New Street station, which was located in Birmingham, UK.
- Currently, this station is one of the 5 Triple-line Junctions alongside St Helens Bridge, Stepford Central, Morganstown and Leighton Stepford Road.
- As of V1.6, Benton has 4 routes that terminate within the station on Platforms 3 and 5C, those being R013 and R015 for Waterline, and R075 and R079 for Stepford Express.
- V1.4.1 brought in a minor splash to the station, introducing new green-and-black coloured seats, and a massive amount of Concourse Information Boards added on the platforms.
- In real life, there is a station with the same name on the Tyne and Wear Metro.
- This is the only station in the game with terminating only tracks in both directions.
- This station is the only Waterline and Express interchange.
- There are 'two' 7B platforms. The second one is labelled behind the buffer of Platform 3, and was sealed up by walls. You can only see it by changing viewpoints when driving a train.
- This station is a triple line interchange, along with Stepford Central, St Helens Bridge, Leighton Stepford Road and Morganstown.
- The sign at Platform 6 in the main concourse is numbered Platform 4 for some reason.
- The speed limit between here and West Benton used to be 75, but it was lowered to 45 from West Benton in V1.4.1 and to West Benton in V1.6.
- Sometimes, if the game hasn’t rendered in properly, you will spawn and fall on the track of Platform 5C.
- On the tracks between platforms, if a train is leaving while another train is beside it, the train will start glitching out and derail. This is similar to the Stepford Central bug in V1.4.4.
- If there is a train on Platform 5C and another train triggers the signal, the signal on the platform will change to danger and both trains will be SPAD trapped until one train despawns.