Benton is a major station in the Benton Zone. It is served by Stepford Connect services to Stepford Victoria, Stepford Central, St Helens Bridge, Port Benton, Stepford Airport Central, Leighton Stepford Road, Edgemead, Westwyvern, and Llyn-by-the-Sea, WaterLine services to Newry, Newry Harbour, Connolly, Greenslade, and James Street, and Stepford Express services to Llyn-by-the-Sea, Leighton Stepford Road and Stepford Central.
This station has 16 platforms. Counting the platform by length all together makes 8 or 9 (depending on if you count 5A, 5B, and 5C into one platform or not).
After the V1.4, the station has used more often than before due to all of the new routes passing Benton, especially on Express.
|1a||WaterLine services to Greenslade, James Street, and Connolly|
|2a||WaterLine services to Newry and Newry Harbour|
|3||Terminating, WaterLine services to Greenslade|
|4a||Stepford Connect services to Port Benton, Leighton Stepford Road, Stepford Airport Central, Edgemead, Westwyvern, and Llyn-by-the-Sea|
|5a||Stepford Express services to Llyn-by-the-Sea and Leighton Stepford Road.|
|5c||Terminating, Stepford Express services to Stepford Central.|
|6a||Stepford Express services to Stepford Central.|
|7a||Stepford Connect services to|
- Benton has the highest number of platforms out of all stations on the Stepford County Railway network, with a total of 16. Benton was also the busiest station on the network until V1.1, with all trains and routes stopping there, even from all depots. The new busiest station is Stepford Central.
- Benton only had two platforms when the game was originally released, but due to the amount of routes that would run through the station it was deemed not fit for purpose and the tracks were rerouted to a new station. The original entrance to the station no longer exists but has been replaced by the main entrance, and the east concourse was added. The original station was still accessible but was later demolished, its location underneath some buildings. The station has also undergone a redesign,
- It is also home to the Benton ROC, which is located just outside the main entrance. It was used for signalling the network and DS trainings using a retired Class 700, it also included some offices. However, it is no longer used for signalling due to the new Stepford East ROC and the building was opened to the public, primarily for trainspotters. The DS training meetup place is now Stepford UFC and multiple stations are used. It is unknown whether the offices are still being used as they do not exist in the new ROC.
- This station, Port Benton and Beaulieu Park/Whitney Green are the only interchange stations between Stepford Connect and WaterLine, however Morganstown might be in the future.
- The track setup shows that Platform 7A is only used by trains that came from Benton Bridge and 8A from the depot or Port Benton.
- The sign at platform 1 has not been updated to include James Street. This is likely because of the upcoming WaterLine extension past James Street.
- This was one of the first WaterLine stations.
- This station once had more unused platforms than any other, with 5. After Express launched however, all of its platforms have been used.
- Walking distance is available to this station from Cambridge Street Parkway, Benton Bridge, Port Benton, and Morganstown Docks.
- This station is one of 7 stations on the SCR network where the station is operated by Network Rail, not SCR.
- This Station is the largest station in all of SCR with 16 platforms.
- It is possible to get off a Stepford Connect train here, run to Port Benton, & catch the same train if it's bound for Port Benton.
- The preserved Class 700 has been removed from the Benton Rail Operations Centre. Its whereabouts since then became unknown as it was not relocated to anywhere else in game afterwards. It was likely converted into a Class 707.
- This is one of 3 stations to have lettered platforms, along with Morganstown and Newry.
- Currently, every Waterline and Stepford Express routes stop at this station. The other station who all Stepford Express routes stopping, is Stepford Central
- On very rare occasions, if all Connect platforms towards Stepford Central and St Helens Bridge are occupied and you're on a train approaching Benton, there is a chance that the train would not stop at Benton and pass it via a track that doesn't have a platform. This would count as skipping the station to the system.
- This station is based off the old Birimgham New Street station, which was located in Birmingham, UK.
- Currently, this station is one of the 4 Triple-line Junctions alongside St Helens Bridge, Stepford Central, and Leighton Stepford Road.
- Only one platform of this station's sixteen platforms has no letters in it's platform number, platform 3.
- As of V1.4, Benton has 2 routes that terminate within the station at platforms 3 and 5C. Two of the terminating tracks are in different directions.
- V1.4.1 brought in a minor splash to the station, introducing new green-and-black colored seats and a massive amount of Concourse Information Boards added on the platforms.